Learning Objectives – The beginning of art
- Understand the timeline of the earliest art discoveries
- Understand fertility fetishes and the Venus of Willendorf
- Understand famous cave paintings – timeline, history, and geography of the Lascaux, France paintings, the Cave of the Hands in Argentina
- Understand the Avebury Henge and Stonehenge from England – timeline, history, geography, and cultural factors
- Understand the Easter Island monoliths, and be able to summarize the timeline, history, geography, how they were formed, and how they were moved
Strickland, Carol. The Annotated Mona Lisa. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel, 2007 . Print.
Gaunt, William. The Observer’s Book of Painting and Graphic Art. London, New York: Frederick Warne & Co. Ltd. 1976, Print.