Learning Objectives – Greek Art
- Know the principal motif of Greek art
- Know the relationship between Greek art and Greek philosophy
- Learn about Greek painted vases
- Learn about Greek sculpture
- What innovations were there?
- Learn about contrapposto
- Learn about Greek architecture
- Learn about the Parthenon
- Know the influences of Greek architecture on later architecture all over the world
- Know the differences between Doric, Corinthian, and Ionic architecture
Strickland, Carol. The Annotated Mona Lisa. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel, 2007 . Print.
Gaunt, William. The Observer’s Book of Painting and Graphic Art. London, New York: Frederick Warne & Co. Ltd. 1976, Print.