Field trip to Wichita Art Museum
Jenny and I toured the Wichita Art Museum to see their collection of American Art. This piece by Mary Cassatt is my favorite.
- Mary Cassatt – Mother and Child
- Edward Hopper – Conference at Night
- Edward Hopper – Sunlight on Brownstones
- John Francis Murphy – Autumn Landscape
- Fred Danziger – Man Guarding Textiles – link to background
- Bruce Moore – The Panther (on tour)
- George Grosz – The Pit – link to background
- Hall – A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Charles Green Shaw – February 4th
- Will Barnet – Chess Game
Questions during the field trip:
- Why do you like it? Color, mood, balance, contrast…..
- What research questions does it inspire?
- Could you write about this piece (either a work of fiction or non-fiction)?