Dante’s Inferno – A Student Guide
- Read two biographical sources: about Dante and about Dante-Alighieri
- Read the Introduction, by Archibald T. MacAllister, pages xxii – xxiv
- Read Canto III.
- Read the introduction to each other Canto.
- Note: College students should be assigned additional complete Cantos or the entire poem.
- Diagram the Circles of Hell and the characteristics of people that reside in each circle.
- Post a “Painting with Words” entry to this site.
- Discuss these questions with your teacher.
- Take the Dante’s Inferno Quiz.
Alighieri, Dante. The Inferno. Translated by John Ciardi. 1954, 1982, New American Library, New York.